Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Foxe's Book Of Martyrs: Book Review and Life Lessons

                                                                     


In Mark 16:15 it says,  "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."
Foxe's Book of Martyrs  is book full of names and stories of men and women who have died for Christ. This book is moving and inspirational. This title would certainly go under the genre of Classic, Motivation, Inspirational, and Spiritual. 

This book gives you a brief yet insightful taste of what these faithful men and women have gone through to defend their beliefs and their faith in God. The author wanted  people (especially members of the church) to remember the martyrs, because he firmly believed that they are the seed of the church.

In Romans 10: 15 it says, " And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

Foxe's Book of Martyrs is moving and was definitely full of meaning. The author surly did achieve his purpose in writing this book. I can honestly say that this book was very effective, powerful, and beautiful. 

The book has many strengths, the author touched on subject of strong faith and unwavering belief in the Lord.
In Romas 1: 16 it says" For I am not aashamed of the bgospel of Christ: for it is thecpower of God unto dsalvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

I loved this book and it has very good insights however I would recommend that an older more advanced reader reads it. Because it is quite gruesome in details.

I found this book to be very interesting. I was able to evaluate myself and see that I need to completely devote my life to serving God. This book also gave me a good example of unwavering faith, and now that I have understood it I can apply it more easily to my life. 

 Lead Thou Me On! 




                                                              

I would highly recommend this book! I was very impressed with the outcome of it! 
Here are some self evaluation questions I considered while reading this book. 

How close am I to the Lord? Does everything I do tie back to the Lord?

Who is my foundation? Is my foundation sure and firm? 

What are some simple ways I can strengthen my faith? 

Am  I willing to die for Christ?

Do I have unwavering faith in Christ and in the gospel? 

How an I be an example to the unbelievers? 

2 Chronicles 15: 7 Says, " Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded."

No comments:

Post a Comment