Saturday, February 22, 2014

Evaluating A Book



Every book has a message whether good or bad. Why not be discerning of what it is?


What is the author trying to teach/tell me?

How can I apply this to me?

Is what the story/author telling me good or bad?

Do understand the backround?

What would I make different? 

Is this story/book of good report?

Is this a book I will read over and over and learn something new every time?

Does this book/ story go along with my standards?

What are some things I learned in this book?

Is this book/story inspiring me to do good  for others?



The 13th article of faith says " We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. Indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul. We believe all things, We hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely or of good report or praiseworthy. we seek after these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment